Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Around the Lake

Starting May 3, Sue, Annie, Mark and I will be doing a ride around Lake Michigan. My "retired" riding partners can't take the time off.

We'll keep everyone posted at mybuttreallyhurts.com



FAQ:

How far is it? About 1000 miles

How long will it take you? About 18 days of riding about 55 miles a day; 21 days overall.

Are you camping? No. Cheap hotels or motels, ideally with internet.

How can you get all this time off work? I'm not.
I'm bringing two laptops, chargers, cell phones, etc. I won't have much of a wardrobe, but I'll have lots of connectivity. I'll take some time off at first and long weekends, but I'll have to work 11 days during the trip. On those days I will work 5 - 10am and 4 - 8pm.

What support will you have?
We have a teenager at home who can
  • Pick up anyone who is sick, injured or has to leave.
  • Bring us bike parts which can't be overnighted or purchased locally
  • bring me luggage and take me to an airport if I have to travel for work.
We're going to be within 500 miles of home. We are planning to be self-supporting.

How many diapers?
Ouch. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment