Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 18, Ludington to Whitehall



The winds were harsh, and I was feeling tired. I had to work, so I'd been up early getting as much done as I could before we had to vacate the room. Sue was feeling great -- she had given up an entire pannier of kid clothes and other paraphernalia, not to mention the Luggage. I took advantage of her empty pannier, loading it with some of the crap I was carrying, so we were all carrying a lot less weight.



Not every cyclist survived the windy conditions.



I did have trouble swinging my legs over the back of my bike, so I took advantage of curbs when I could. My groans amused others, and for that I'm grateful.



Our room was at the end of a long hall.

We took Pierre Marquette Highway into Hart, then picked up the Hart-Montague trail which goes from Hart to Whitehall. This is Don's favorite trail, and I had fun telling Sue stories about riding with her dad. I hope she comes with us on a ride soon, and I also hope she pretends to be slower when she does.

We had a fun day, but we missed the kids a lot. We found several playgrounds and an ice cream store/petting farm where they could play. They would have really liked this day.


48 miles, relatively flat, and sheltered from wind on the trail. 739 miles total

We did not go through Pentwater, as it shows below.

No comments:

Post a Comment