Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 2, May 5, Sawyer to Portage



It turns out that my mapping skills wern't as good as I thought. We had a fantastic ride down the coast, riding through some gorgeous beach areas just north of Michigan City. I know the residents enjoyed hearing the many songs we sang along the way. I think they especially enjoyed hearing Annie and Mark express their opinion of being cooped up in the Burley for too many miles without a playground.


We stopped at a fantastic playground in the north part of Michigan City, relaxed and watched police train their attack dogs. There was a sign that said "no dogs allowed", and I got a picture of Sue taking a picture of it.




After lunch, Sue looked at the route the Garmin picked and noted that it saved 10 miles. She took the cart and the short route; I took the longer, original route. I missed a turn and ended up lost a couple of times.





The roads were lovely, but hot and tiring too.

50 miles on my odometer for the day, 92 so far. The map below is only approximate to what I rode.


No comments:

Post a Comment