Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 7, Sheboygan to Mantiwoc



Today we wanted to get to Green Bay. We had reservations and everything. However, 20 MPH headwinds (consistent, with gusts much, much stronger), rain and a chilly 40 degree day convinced us to change our plans.

We went along one road, which started as 15th in Sheboygan and ended as OK in Mantowoc. I couldn't get much more than 6 or 7 mph with the headwinds, and it was even more pleasant up the hills. We made a reservation at the Holiday Inn -- it was close and had a pool. It was also very nice, and not too expensive.

We had lunch at a gas station, where the Good Sam Camping club was having a "brat fry". I remember when eating a Brat made me full; one brat made me not quite hungry any more.

While eating lunch, we told a guy in an RV about our trip. He told us to take lots of pictures so we could tell our grandchildren. I pointed out that they were with us. But pictures are a good idea to remind them they were here.

Even though we were tired, cold and hungry, the ride was gorgeous -- everything I'd hoped it would be. Wisconsin is a beautiful state.



We passed the Khoeler plant leaving Sheboygan.




I thought this was a strip club; Sue told me it was garden supplies. "Spinners" -- who knew?



These three were glad to see someone else pulling cart today.



Cold, windy and rainy did not take away from a gorgeous ride.


27 miles, 341 total

No comments:

Post a Comment