Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 5, Zion to Milwaukee

Thanks to Sue finding out how horrific my directions were, I had a very pleasant ride after getting up. I took Sheridan to 9th street, she took 173 out to 88th. It was horrific for her, into the wind, uphill, with the cart.

She left early, about 8, and I worked till 11.

I had a lovely ride


Even when I ended up in an area my original plan was to avoid.



Along the coast south of Milwaukee, it's lovely, with old cars and interesting 50's/60's bars. Sue had tried to stop at the Hob Nob for lunch, but they were closed. It looked very cool.



The cottages are a tad on the small side, but give the illusion of privacy.



I caught up with Sue at the nicest Popeye's you'd ever want to see. We tried to drink all their pop and feasted on chicken, biscuits, fries. The kids ate Macaroni and Cheese like it was going out of style. I took the cart, and stopped taking pictures.

We had a few moments of blissful riding, and a few moments of duress, but mostly made our way into the city. We used the Garmin, which cut in and out of our original route. There are some very steep hills and bridges getting to our hotel. Sue took pictures to show Micah, my spin class instructor.

Oh. Happy Anniversary to US! We think it's been 5 years, but we're too tired to figure it out. We were both sore, tired, sunburned, swamped with kids, so we decided we might celebrate our Anniversary properly

56 mile, 258 total. I have about 20 miles less than Sue, probably due to differences in routes and speedometers.

We sometimes followed this route.

No comments:

Post a Comment